Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

RealTalk: What Is At The Center of Your Life?





I have been asking myself that question recently. With my first degree over and a range of life changing decisions to make, this is the most important question to answer. Anyone who is close to me will probably tell you that I always overthink and analyze everything, from which route to take to University in the morning, how many drinks to serve at a party, to what career choice I should make. Most times, those that counsel me: friends, family, colleagues or complete strangers, soon realise that a lot of what they ask me to think about, I already have – in detail. However, the fact that I have others speaking to me about the problems I face puts things in perspective, which is always useful.

Unfortunately, due to my need to over analyse, I sometimes forget who is at the center of my life - God. 



He has seen me through the hardest points in my life by placing the right people in my path to help me, console me, advise me or cry with me. For that, I am eternally grateful. There are also opportunities that have come my way through no hustle on my part or parent’s connections. Rather through me being myself, and God touching people’s hearts to give me the opportunity to learn and listen to their advice.


In a world that is so full of negativity, constant badgering from the haters and other distractions, remember to seek refuge in His love. I do not mean that in a grandiose way, but rather, do not forget to pray, abandon your stress and worries, and have faith.


I know that letting go is sometimes the hardest choice that we have to make. I dare you to try it.

Have a good week!



#celfieoff!

2 comments:

  1. Good question. I have never really thought about this question....no scratch that...I've never ever thought about it. But I have to admit that God in the centre makes more sense than I can admit. I'm not very religious but I do believe in His greatness and the fact that I'm able to wake up daily and go about my usual business and have time for the people surrounding my life just proves that He truly is at the centre. Faith is something I have been struggling with and I'm not ashamed to admit that I sometimes don't have it at all. I believe in it tho. But i do know it doesn't work on its own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having faith and letting go has truly been a roller coaster for me, but I found that the more I worked hard and the more I prayed and actually tried to let go, the more peace I had. I hope God continues to guide you on your journey with him.

      Delete